Its flora, fauna, culture and spectacular landscapes make it the jewel of the African continent.
It is the perfect destination for every adventure lover. So read these awesome facts about Tanzania.
- Tanzania comes from the union of the words Tanganyika and Zanzibar, the two states that came together in 1964 to form this spectacular country.
- In Tanzania there is a species of giant crab that reaches four kilos in weight and is capable of lifting up to almost thirty kilos with its claws.
- In Tanzania there are more than a hundred languages: Bantu languages, Nilotic languages, Cushitic languages, Arabic, English … Although there is no official language, Swahili is the national language and is used as a lingua franca and in the administration .
- The country abounds in the Mpingo tree, also known as the “black tree”. It is reputed to be one of the most expensive woods you can find.
- Tanzania has a record in lakes: Lake Tanganyika is the longest freshwater lake in the world (677 km) and the second in depth (1433m). Lake
- Victoria is the largest freshwater lake in Africa and the second largest in the world.
- In Tanzania is the highest and the lowest point in Africa: Kilimanjaro, with 5,891m, and Lake Tanganyika whose bottom is 363m below sea level.
- The moon in Tanzania is said to shine brighter than in other parts of the world, probably due to the country’s situation on earth and the very low light pollution.
- In the Olduvai Gorge the oldest human footprints were found with 3.6 million years.
- Serengeti is the National Park that links to the Masai Mara in Kenya. Together they form one of the best safari destinations in Africa.
- In Tanzania you will find a paradise for African wildlife. It is the Ngorongoro crater. The densest population of lions in the world lives in this National Park.